New & Noteworthy
Webinar: Raptors of the North Shore
Explore the fascinating world of northern raptors with The Raptor Center.
Video: Viking Era Smelting—A Video Postcard
Get a peek into the classroom of Viking Era Smelting in this video postcard from campus.
Video: Fall Colors on the North Shore from Hjørdis - a video postcard
See some fall colors from the Hjørdis as Captain Ecklund wraps up the sailing season.
Resident Artisan Elise Kyllo ponders craft in a time of social unrest, and offers a sneak peak of the upcoming Art Along the Lake Studio Tour
Webinar: Historical Baskets Through the Ages with Steen Madsen
More from Basket Week
Featured Events & Activities
Fall Family Webinars
Celebrating the great outdoors of the northwoods
During October, we’re collaborating with four great educational partners to offer an evening webinar every Thursday night of special interest to families of all ages and sizes. Put on your PJs, cozy up on the couch, get ready to chat in your questions and enjoy a little lifelong learning. Pre-register to receive a reminder email. Note: these special offerings will not be available for later viewing, so please be sure to catch them live!
- A Year in the Wilderness with Dave and Amy Freeman of the Wilderness Classroom, 10/15 at 7:00pm
- Raptors of the North Shore with Micaela Brevig of the Raptor Center, 10/22 at 7:00pm
- Lichens of the North Shore with Joe Walewski of Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, 10/29 at 7:00pm
To see all of our upcoming webinars, and a full library of our past events, visiting our Crafting in Place page.
New Online Courses Released
From bookbinding to floor loom warping, cooking to crocheting, longbow crafting to pole lathe turning, we just released a handful of exciting new online courses!
New Online Courses:
- Warped to Weave: Floor Loom Warping Refresher, starts Oct 27
- Hardcover Codex Bookbinding, starts Nov 4
- Small Breads: Pretzel Bunds, English Muffins, and Buttermilk Biscuits, Nov 6
- Better Butter Baking, Nov 6
- Pole Lathe: An Introductory Webinar, Nov 10
- Learn to Finger Crochet a Winter Hat, Nov 14
- Cooking with the Seasons, Nov 14
- Crafting the Traditional Longbow and Arrows, Nov 17