North House Folk School greatly values the health and safety of its students, instructors, staff, and volunteers. Community is at the heart of North House’s mission and we ask that we all work together to keep everyone healthy.
As of June 12, 2023
We recognize that choosing to participate at this time carries with it an inherent risk that cannot be eliminated but can be minimized through intentional, collective care for the well-being of everyone on campus.
Previous mitigations undertaken by North House, discontinued in June 2023 are marked in "strike-through" ( like this).
What North House is doing:
- We have installed air filtration systems in the classrooms, school store and administration buildings. When weather permits, we utilize windows and doors for additional ventilation.
We will post Cook County community levels throughout campus when at Medium or High so that all participants can make an informed choice regarding masking and distancing. Click here for the most up-to-date Cook County levels.
- Depending on community levels, we may limit indoor gatherings and food events. If fika (coffee break) or pizza bakes will be offered, details will be shared by email leading up to your class.
- North House is not requiring students to be vaccinated or to wear masks when indoors.
- North House does not provide masks or testing, but masks are welcome throughout campus. Please bring your own if you think you may want one.
What we ask of students and instructors on campus:
- Arrive healthy. We ask anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 to follow the guidelines as defined by the CDC. If you are within the isolation period we ask you to please stay home and attend class another time. See Covid-related Cancellations (below).
- Get vaccinated. Although we are not requiring vaccination, we encourage this as a precaution prior to coming to campus.
If you’re unvaccinated, consider practicing conscientious social distancing two weeks prior to the course and/or testing before you come.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash and sanitize your hands frequently, especially when touching shared tools and resources.
- While we will do our best to take all reasonable steps to create a safe learning environment for you, there is an inherent level of risk in participating in a class. Students will be asked to sign a liability waiver that acknowledges you are aware of this risk and are assuming it willingly.
We ask anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 to follow the guidelines as defined by the CDC. If you are within the isolation period we ask you to please stay home and attend class another time. (See the CDC’s guidance on Calculating Isolation for more details.) Please call our friendly front office staff to receive a full refund.
We welcome inquiries at any time - email us at email@example.com or call 218-387-9762. School store & front office hours are Monday–Friday 9am – 5pm.
We look forward to hosting future classes and events but will stay abreast of the very dynamic realities created by COVID-19. Please check this page before your class begins for the most up-to-date information.