Lunch and Learn with Julia Kalthoff of Kalthoff Axes
Aired on Fri, Mar 19 at 12:00pm
Julia Kalthoff is on a quest to determine the details that make the difference between good and bad axes. The journey started when she fell in love with forging at Gränsfors Bruks at the age of nineteen, and went on to learn about all things axes at Wetterlings, where she managed the small factory for five years. She’ll share some of what she’s learned along the way, from the history of axes to her research with carvers and metallurgists, culminating in a tour of her small-scale workshop where she produces highly coveted axes.
- Webinar: Tim Cahill: 50 Years of Adventure Travel
- Webinar: 2023 Members’ Gathering and Annual Meeting
- Webinar: Stories from the Blacksmith Shop at Sätergläntan
- Webinar: Stories from the Woodshop at Sätergläntan Lecture
- Webinar: Stories from the Textile Program at Sätergläntan with Johanna Runbäck and Susana Ayton