The Utility and Artistry of Sami Knives with the Sami Cultural Center
Aired on Thu, Nov 5 at 7:00pm
Knives are essential to traditional Sami ways and are known for their exceptional beauty and everyday usefulness. Nathan Muus, Sami Cultural Center of North America board member and exhibit curator, will feature some of the knives he has encountered with a special look at knives displayed at the Sami Cultural Center. Knife handles and sheaths of antler and bone are carefully detailed in scrimshaw—practical and portable works of art. They each have a story and often tell a tale in themselves.
- Webinar: Tim Cahill: 50 Years of Adventure Travel
- Webinar: 2023 Members’ Gathering and Annual Meeting
- Webinar: Stories from the Blacksmith Shop at Sätergläntan
- Webinar: Stories from the Woodshop at Sätergläntan Lecture
- Webinar: Stories from the Textile Program at Sätergläntan with Johanna Runbäck and Susana Ayton