The Hardanger Seksaering and the Traditional Small Craft of Norway with Josh Tolkan
Aired on Mon, Jun 15 at 7:00pm
As part of his participation in North House’s Artisan Development Program, Josh Tolkan spent the better part of two months studying the small wooden boats of the Hardanger fjord in Western Norway. Durings his time there, he spent many hours working with and observing master craftsman Peter Helland-Hansen building a Hardanger seksaering, a traditional row boat of the Hardanger fjord. Josh will share an overview of his learning journey, small Norwegian wooden boats, and the construction of a seksaering.
- Webinar: 2023 Members’ Gathering and Annual Meeting
- Webinar: Stories from the Blacksmith Shop at Sätergläntan
- Webinar: Stories from the Woodshop at Sätergläntan Lecture
- Webinar: Stories from the Textile Program at Sätergläntan with Johanna Runbäck and Susana Ayton
- Video: Stories from the Beginning: Celebrating 25 Years of North House