Lunch and Learn with Barn the Spoon
Aired on Fri, Mar 12 at 12:00pm
Video available through Friday, March 19.
Barn Carder will join us from his home in The Forest of Dean to chat about his work carving and selling wooden spoons, and the community that has grown around green woodworking. Barn is the 2020 Wille Sundqvist and Bill Coperthwaite Slöjd Fellow. Bring your lunch to listen in, and don't forget your wooden spoon.
Barn (better known as Barn the Spoon) became a full time Spoon carver in 2008, growing a tiny business that started out as some precious knowledge of trees, along with an axe and a knife in his pack. He set himself to carve out an ancient living in a modern world. He now runs a shop and craft school in London UK, as well as an online learning resource Spoonclub. Barn has had the privilege of wonderful teachers, spending the last 25 years sharing the joy of learning woodcraft with teachers, students, peers and friends alike.
- Webinar: Tim Cahill: 50 Years of Adventure Travel
- Webinar: 2023 Members’ Gathering and Annual Meeting
- Webinar: Stories from the Blacksmith Shop at Sätergläntan
- Webinar: Stories from the Woodshop at Sätergläntan Lecture
- Webinar: Stories from the Textile Program at Sätergläntan with Johanna Runbäck and Susana Ayton