Grand Marais & Beyond Nature Photography Workshop: Fall Equinox Session
The Grand Marais and Beyond course is designed for the enthusiastic photographer, amateur or professional, with an emphasis on storytelling with your photography. Led by editorial photographer Layne Kennedy, you will explore and photograph the scenic shores of Lake Superior, create portraits of local folks, photograph history of the region at the Fort at Grand Portage, point your lens at the iconic images that identify Grand Marais, and explore the pine-laden Superior National Forest near the picturesque community of Grand Marais. Participants will be developing new techniques to enhance your personal photographic vision. At the conclusion of the workshop, each photographer will edit and prepare up to 10 images for a Workshop Program before departure from North House. Finally, each participant will enjoy inclusion in a class self-published book of all individual workshop stories assembled by Layne. All levels are welcome.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- digital or 35mm camera
- laptop, smart stick, and extra flash cards if using digital camera
- variety of lenses: if possible a wide angle and telephoto (most camera stores will rent these items with discounts towards any eventual purchase)
- old tennis shoes or 'river' sandles for walking in streams and creeks
- umbrella and rain gear
- gallon size zip lock baggies
- warm clothes and long sleeve shirts
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call us if you haven't received it within 24 hours.