Painting with Wool: Kris Kringle Online Course
Explore the magic of needle felting with a delightful Old World style Kris Kringle and take your colorwork skills to a new level. In the first session of this class, students will learn how to stretch a felt backing onto an embroidery hoop and keep it tight for ease of use and how to transform the beautiful array of hand dyed roving from the instructor's farm’s sheep into your own interpretation of the project. Focus will be given to shape creation, colorwork, and creating a sense of perspective within the piece. In the second section, we’ll be focusing on magical details like texture accents, making the face and beard, as well as beading and the addition of bobbles to make the piece come alive. At the end, the instructor will offer suggestions for using or mounting your finished piece. Bring your creative spirit and love of wool!
Note: Very important that each student supplies their own embroidery hoop as specified in the materials section below!
All student will be mailed a kit containing:
- 2 felting needles
- Craft felt backing with transferred design,
- Ample wool to make the project
- Beads, bobbles, bells, ribbon, and other fun additions to decorate Kris Kringle
You will need to supply:
- Foam work surface (or request one from instructor for $6 extra)
- 8-inch embroidery hoop (8-inch size is critical)
- Any additional trinkets or bobbles you’d like to add
Note that registration closes two weeks prior to the day of class so that the instructor will have time to mail out materials.