Herbalism Apprentice: Beginner's Botanical Medicine, Self Care to Community
Desire to be more self-sustainable with your health care and home? Dipped your toes into the deep waters of herbalism, and ready to learn more? Combine the intuitive art and solid science of botanical medicine, apprenticing with a Master Herbalist for an intensive weekend. Core components include: foundations in natural and botanical medicine; cross-cultural herbalism; herbs for the life cycle; top 20 herbs in North America; botanicals not only for physical health, but for contemporary life stressors such as anxiety, depression, environmental factors, and stress. Learn to create your own herbal apothecary and take home handcrafted preparations including teas, tinctures, lotions, oils and flower essences. This course is a certificate level course, and a strong pathway and prerequisite for those who desire to pursue a future Master of Herbalism degree.
North House is looking forward to hosting this course on campus in the safest way possible. Students will be asked to wear a mask at all times on campus, and to practice social distancing of 6 feet, as well as adhere to other safety protocols.
You will need the following tools for this class:
All materials, supplies and herbs are covered in materials fee listed for this course offering. However, please bring the following:
- 4-8 additional new or sterile recycled bottles and jars for botanical product preparation if desired above and beyond for 'leftover' herbs at the end of class to take home. Small tins, baby food jars, amber or cobalt colored tincture dropper bottles, etc.
- Hiking shoes and outdoor attire for a short Plant ID walk
- 1 pint Mason jar.
- 1/2 to 1 pint of tincture solvent that is right for you.
For example, Apple Cider Vinegar, Brandy, Vodka or Vegetable Glycerin.
- Tote bag or basket to carry your green medicines home in.
- Lots of layers, including a raincoat and footwear. We will plan to have open windows and lots of outdoor activity when possible.
- Sunscreen, sunhat, again for extra outdoor time
- Please be sure to bring a mask(s) that fits you well and can be worn for an extended period of time.
Feel free to bring your favorite tools and whatever materials you might feel appropriate for this course.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call us if you haven't received it within 24 hours.