Herbalism Apprentice: Beginner's Botanical Medicine, Self Care to Community
Desire to be more self-sustainable with your health care and home? Dipped your toes into the deep waters of herbalism, and ready to learn more? Combine the intuitive art and solid science of botanical medicine, apprenticing with a Master Herbalist for an intensive weekend. Core components include: foundations in natural & botanical medicine, cross-cultural herbalism, herbs for the life cycle, top 20 herbs in North America, botanicals not only for physical health, but for contemporary life stressors such as stress, anxiety, depression, and environmental factors. Learn to create your own herbal apothecary and take home handcrafted preparations including teas, tinctures, lotions, oils and flower essences. This course is a special offering certificate level; a strong pathway and prerequisite for those who desire to pursue a future Master of Herbalism degree.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- All materials, supplies and herbs are covered in materials fee listed for this course offering.
- However, bring 4-8 additional new or sterile recycled bottles and jars for botanical product preparation if desired above and beyond for 'leftover' herbs at the end of class to take home. Small tins, baby food jars, amber or cobalt colored tincture dropper bottles, etc.
- Hiking shoes and outdoor attire for a short Plant ID walk
- Bring a 1 pint Mason jar.
- Also, 1/2 to 1 pint of tincture solvent that is right for you. For example, Apple Cider Vinegar, Brandy, Vodka or Vegetable Glycerin.
- Bring a tote bag or basket to carry your green medicines home in.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call the front office if you have not received it within 24 hours.