Crunchy Crackers: Online Course
Do you ever wish for more from your crackers than what the store-bought versions offer? Are you looking for a way to avoid the funky ingredients that many of them have? Or do you just want to try different flavors? This class will bite into the crunchy world of crackers where we will learn how to make easy, quick crackers that are flavorful, crispy, and, of course, fresh. We will use a variety of grains, seeds, and seasonings to make multiple types of crackers from across the spectrum. Crackers are simple breads and as such, this class is also an introduction to basic baking skills and ingredients.
This class is designed for any skill level and does not need any specialized equipment. Also, please note that you will likely be on your feet and moving for most of the three hours of class.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- A laptop/tablet with reliable internet connection.
- An oven which reaches temperatures of at least 450 degrees
- Large wooden cutting board or bread board for rolling dough
- Parchment paper
- Sheet pans
- Rolling pin
- Rolling pizza cutter or sharp knife
- Other basic kitchen items which will be outlined in an introductory email before class begins
- Ingredients: The instructor will send out an email before class with the recipes that we will be baking and a list of the ingredients needed.