Scandinavian Beauty Shelf with Jögge Sundqvist
North House welcomes the return of Featured International Instructor Jögge Sundqvist to campus for Unplugged 2018. In this new course offering at North House, students will work with Jögge over four days to hand plane shelving and join four carved posts, complete with a decorative cornice. Jogge, or surolle, has been a craftsman for over 35 years and is one of the leading voices in the rising popularity of traditionally-inspired modern green woodworking and slöjd movements across the globe. Under his guidance, this simple shelf becomes an avenue for creative exploration of wood, joinery, knife work, and design. The finished shelf will measure approximately 15" high by 20" long.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- carving knife- Mora is reccommended and available in the North House School Store
- Chip carving knife- sharpened and ready to use
North House will provide the following, but you may wish to bring your own.
- Carving axe
- Draw knife
- Block Plane
- Mortise Chisel ¼”
- Jack Planes or Smoothing Planes
- Spoke shave
- Big wooden Mallets 50 cm length
- Gouges bent nr3. nr5. nr 7. 10 – 30 mm
- Straight nr. 3 nr 5. 35 - 40 mm with
- Small Mallets
- Measuring tools
- Auger bits
- Marking gauge or cutting gauge
- Japanese saws. Steelbacked Dozuki, folded coarse, Silky:Pocket Boy.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call us if you haven't received it within 24 hours.