North House is looking forward to hosting this course on campus in the safest way possible. Students will be asked to wear a mask at all times on campus, and to practice social distancing of 6 feet, as well as adhere to other safety protocols. See the full details of our COVID-19 protocols here.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- Minnesota fishing license (trout stamp required for ages 18-64; see regulations for other exceptions)
- Fly Rod and Reel (a 5 to 7 weight is a preferred weight for our fishing needs)
- Floating line (weight should match the size reel you have)
- Chest High Waders (the preferred waders are ones that require a separate pair of wading boots as
- opposed to the neoprene type of waders with the boots attached)
- Personal Floatation Device (PDF)
- warm layers; October can be chilly
- Wading staff, especially for those who have not done a lot of wading. This can be a simple staff of wood strong enough to take your weight with a simple wrist strap.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call us if you haven't received it within 24 hours.