Building the Fur Trade Rifle
You will need the following tools for this class:
1) Various C-clamps
2) Pencils and eraser *
3) Maul for driving chisels and gouges
4) Flat chisels; 1/8”, ¼”, ½”
5) Whetstones – coarse, medium (600 grit), fine (1800 grit) or extra-fine (2000 grit) *
6) Assorted bastard files
7) Cabinet maker’s rasp – No. 49 or No. 50 or Sur-Forms of various shapes *
8) Assorted mill files, w/ 5” to 6” crossing files being recommended
9) Assorted needle files – coarse to fine, including at least on three-corner file *
10) Three-corner needle file, coarse
11) 1/16” flat chisel or “stabbing tool” made from thee-corner needle file (per instructor’s sketch)
12) Hacksaw frame and 18tpi, 24tpi and 32tpi blades *
13) Jeweler’s saw with supply of No. 4 blades *
14) A moderate sized cold chisel *
15) Pin drifts; 1/16”, 3/32”
16) Small hammer or equivalent
17) Work gloves
18) Safety goggles
*These items will also be brought in limited numbers by the instructor to create a communal tool supply for the class.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation packet in the mail that may offer additional optional tool recommendations and suggested reading.
This course is full.
Fill out the form below if you would like to be placed on a waiting list and notified if an opening becomes available.