Hand-built cedar strip kayak
19 ft. "Razor Auk" Kayak with 19 in. wide Wood Strip Retractable Skeg
Starting bid: $750
Hand-built coal forge
With electric blower
Starting bid: $150
17 ft. canoe, 4 person capacity (Model QT 17CL, built in 1982), plus 4 life vests, 2 aluminum paddles, registration good through Dec. 31, 2020, and rubber mounts for transport
Starting bid: $150
Restored 1940s Shell Lake wood-strip canoe
Built in approximately 1940 by Shell Lake Boats of Wisconsin, this was a popular canoe of excellent workmanship. Many were used by the Park Service and C.C.C.
Starting bid: $500
Spring pole lathes
Traditional foot-powered turning lathes, built at North House. Six available!
Starting bid: $200
Escape Rumba Sailboat
13ft. sailboat daysailer with carbon fiber mast. Trailer not included.
Starting bid: $300
Delta 10" table saw
Starting bid: $125
Larson All American fiberglass boat
1963, 16 foot fiberglass boat with 75 hp johnson engine, one owner, stored in boat house, engine needs a thermostat. Trailer included.
Starting bid: $250
Items marked with have a photo. Click the icon to view.
- 14' Cedar strip solo canoe — In need of restoration
- 1973 Vandestadt Sailboat - Siren 17 "pocket cruiser" — This is a fiberglass cruiser with a small cabin, a ballasted swing keel. Small cabin (sleeps 2), large cockpit. The displacement 750 pounds, easy tow. the boat comes with three sails (main, job and genoa), trailer and a four horse Yamaha outboard, with VERY few hours (2009 model).
- Alumacraft Canoe — 17 ft. canoe, 4 person capacity (Model QT 17CL, built in 1982), plus 4 life vests, 2 aluminum paddles, registration good through Dec. 31, 2020, and rubber mounts for transport
- Cruisers Inc Boat — 16' Runabout
- Escape Rumba Sailboat — 13ft. sailboat daysailer with carbon fiber mast. Trailer not included.
- Glen-L design, 11` Bulls Eye, Sail, Row or motor — Unfinished okoume plywood hull with most of the mahogany trim, fiberglass cloth and epoxy and plans to complete.
- Hand-built cedar strip kayak — 19 ft. "Razor Auk" Kayak with 19 in. wide Wood Strip Retractable Skeg
- Inflatable dinghy — With pump, storage sack, and one oar. Missing bar that keeps the floor rigid, but works just fine anyway.
- Larson All American fiberglass boat — 1963, 16 foot fiberglass boat with 75 hp johnson engine, one owner, stored in boat house, engine needs a thermostat. Trailer included.
- Pouch RZ85 Folding Kayak — Brand new in the box Pouch RZ85 Folding Tandem Kayak. Includes rudder, sprayskirt and carrying bags.
- Restored 1940s Shell Lake wood-strip canoe — Built in approximately 1940 by Shell Lake Boats of Wisconsin, this was a popular canoe of excellent workmanship. Many were used by the Park Service and C.C.C.
- Boat Bundle — Old compass, bottle opener, mirror, and star chart
- Motor mount — Canoe motor mount bracket; outdoor sandwich maker
- Tire chocks — Very effecitve chocks for trailers with tandem tires
- Table Saw — Delta 10" table saw
- 2 lamps
- 2 Vintage flatirons — two flatirons with one removable handle
- 4-inch bench vise — Used - good condition
- 6 clamp bundle — 6 large C-clamps
- Antique free-standing forge blower — Western Chief brand
- Antique grinding wheel — Got an axe to grind? Like to pedal? This is the rig for you!
- Antique pipe clamp
- Assorted hand tools — Spoke shave, etc
- Big Bit Bundle — Four large drill bits
- Black & Decker 3/8" drill press — Never used, missing handle
- Blue basket with goods — Saw vice, 4 oar locks, canvas shoulder bag, hot pot grabber, square cast iron skillet, sharpening tool
- Box o' tools — Rasps, microplanes, etc!
- Bucket of Tools #2 — A bargain bucket of tools, featuring a brand new chainsaw chain!
- Bucket of Tools Bargain Bundle — 20+ tools: screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, and more. Enough to get started!
- Coal forge — With hand blower
- Coal forge — With electric blower (not tested) and ash chute
- Consew Drop Foot Industrial Sewing Machine — Trusty machine has built many yurts. Needs new footplate and some TLC.
- Copper Plumbers Bundle — Copper Pipe, Connector and Elbows, Refridgerator Tube, Wooden Carrying Tote
- Craftsman air ratchet
- Delta 10" Motorized miter box saw — 1 extra "new" saw blade. mfg/sr no. K8920
- Detail Pocket Purse Small Hip Knife — 440c stainless steel padouk wood, custom sheath
- Drill Press Mortiser — with two brand new bits
- Duramax portable gas tank — 14 gallons, 10' hose + nozzle, wheels for easy transport
- Fillet Knife — 440c stainless steel padouk & ebony wood
- Florida Pneumatic air ratchet
- Garrett Metal Detector — Treasure Ace 300
- Gas forge
- Greenfield Tap + Die Set in Wooden Box
- Hand crafted tool box, and assorted hand tools
- Hand-built coal forge — With electric blower
- Handmade shave horse
- Heavy Hunting Knife 440c Stainless — Canary wood, Italian leather sheath
- Japanese Scissor Sharpener — Water Cooled, Missing Top Piece
- Kids tool bundle — Wooden toy tools
- Leather Working Bundle — Leather Scraps, Grommet and Hand Punches
- Leg vice — For blacksmithing
- Leg vice — For blacksmithing
- Makita Reciprocating Saw — Used - Works Fine
- Mish Mash Vintage Tool Set — Wooden Pulleys, Tiny Bench Clamp, Spoke Shave, etc.
- Miter Box — Stanley No. 60 Miter Box and Saw, Hand scythe, Quickdraw tool holder, 352 Proto Hack Saw, 14” Regal Hand saw, blade only
- Oxwall drill stand — Power drill to drill press converter
- Paint Sprayer
- Picaroon, Log Lifter, Post hole digger — Picaroon; Log lifter/mover, canthook-type item. Heavy duty; Post hole digger
- Pickaxe & hand drill
- Power Grip pipe wrench
- Ridgid pipe cutter — It cuts pipes
- Rockler 7" Woodworker's Bench Vise — New - Never Used
- Scroll Saw — lightly used, extra blades
- Set of Three Yankee Drills and Drivers — Still has bits! Great Condition
- Backpack — Red,Lowe Alpine Systems Expedition backpacks. Internal frame and bivvy sack. Measurements: height: 26" width: 13" depth: 8" waist band: 56" Side bags for backpack or use as fanny pack
- Camp Stove — Colman Dual Fuel Camp Stove 424
- Camping Cookware (2) — Frying pan and dutch oven
- Down military sleeping bag
- Down-filled low military cot — Great for winter camping
- Dry bags — REI Drybag: 10.8” dia x 29”; ~ 2,600cu inches; H2ZERO Drybag: 9” dia x 24”; ~ 1500cu inches
- Pack, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Lantern — Green,Lowe Alpine Systems Expedition backpack, Internal frame and bivvy sack., Timberline 3-P Tent, Sierra Designs LitenUp Sleeping Bag, Coleman White Gas Lantern
- Set of 3 fuel bottles — Partly full
- Tent — (needs seam sealer)
- Antique handmade wool quilt
- Antique ice chest — Bring beverages to your next picnic in style with this blue antique cooler
- Antique tackle box — Full of lures and tools
- Bicycle — Vintage Schwinn, Blue
- Bike Seat
- Clock/weather radio
- Dietz oil lamp — Blue oil lantern
- Fanny Pack and 3 Head Lamps
- Fly Fishing Gear — LaCrosse Duralite waders with suspenders, felt-bottomed boots, size L ; Fritz von Scholege fly fishing vest, size L, with scizzors and some tackle; aluminum frame fish net
- Hudson Bay blanket — Double-length, wool, 3-point. Small hole.
- Ice auger — 7” StrikeMaster Mora Swedish Ice Drill, with extra blades
- Large waders & fishing gear — Bundle containing waders, lures, two reels, and more!
- Men's and Women's Fishing Rods/Reels — Diwa Bonanza 312, 6.5 ft. rod, with Garcia Mitchell 300 spinning reel; Fiberglas 6 ft. fishing rod with Johnson Guide 155 "Accu Cast" spinning reel
- Men's Dowhill Ski Equipment — K2 "612" skis (white) with Tyrolia bindings; Nordica Air System boots model iA5, black, size US 11.5; Scott Olympic aluminum poles, 52"; Alpina yellow tint goggles with flannel bag; Athalon Travel Ski bag, black,
- Men's X-Country Ski Equipment — Fischer fish-scale (no wax) skis, 210 length, dark blue; Pinso bindings; Trak boots, black with white trim, size EU 46; Trak bamboo poles (all like new!)
- Navy and Teal Backpack — used backpack
- Sears hunting vest — Featuring a rear grouse pocket!
- Skis — Fischer Saloman
- Vintage Wooden Skis — WWII wooden skis with original cable boot bindings
- Women's Downhill Ski Equipment — Fischer CLP Carbon-SL skis, white, with Tyrolia 280 bindings; Scott aluminium ski poles 48"; Raichle model Rx7 ski boots white, size US 8 (like new!); Alpina yellow tint goggles in flannel bag
- Women's X-Country Ski Equipment — Fischer fish-scale (no wax) skis, 190 length, dark blue; Pinso bindings; Trak boots, black with white trim, size EU 40; Trak bamboo poles (all like new!)
- Felted creation — Hand felted wool whimsical small doll
- Folk art fish — Carved , Wooden, orange
- Handmade Clock by Harley Refsal — Battery Powered. Made in 1977
- Handmade Saami-Inspired Knife with Woven Birch Bark Sheath — Made by Harley Refsal c. 1990's
- Knitting supplies — Assorted knitting needles, locally 'grown' fiber and pattern for trums for mittens, misc wool and novelty yarns.
- Needle Felted Woolen Floral Rug
- NW Cruiser Canoe Molds & Book — Cedar Strip Canoe Molds
- NW River Canoe Molds & Book — Cedar strip canoe molds
- Primitive Rug Hooking — Frames, cutters, hooks, new wool, patterns, 8 boxes cut wool, rugs to finish, books
- Russian Wooden Carving Set — Money Changer Figure and Set of Five Spoons
- Sausage Grinder — At least 50 years old - used by my family to make Swedish Potato Sausage
- Scandinavian Baking Bundle — Heritage Blue striped mixing bowl, deep notched rolling pin, spritz cookie gun/attachments
- Set of Three Wooden Carvings — Japanese Doll Set and London Palace Guard
- Set of Wooden Carvings — French Canadian Man, Immigrant Woman, Swedish Carvng, Horse Carving
- Set of Wooden Carvings — Wizard and Cowboy
- Three Carved Cowboys by Dave Dunham — Long Legs, Old Man, and Bow Tie Tex
- Three Swedish Woodcarvings — 1) Man with Gree Sweater by Famous Carver Lars Trygg 1959. 2) Man with Black/Red Cap carved by L. Larsson. 3) Small Unpainted Figure by B. Brask
- Three Wooden Figure Carvings — "The Woodcarver" by Harley Refsal and Carved Couple by Urban Gunnarsson - Sweden
- Trio of Nordic Knives — 1) Sami Knife by Knismed - Karasjok, Norway. 2) Vintage Mora Knife - Sweden 3)Large Stacked Handled Knife - Finland.
- Vintage Swedish wooden cookie jar - (stave) — Painted, colorful - “you shall not steal”; “cake” (swedish)
- Wood Carving Bits and Bobs — Projects to be completed with some random wooden bits
- Wood carvings — Decorative wooden shoe candle holder and whimsical replica carving of a woodsman
- Wood Carvings by Harley Refsal — 1) "Anna" carved in 1980 2) Unpainted/Oiled Figure 3) Pig + Rooster
- Wooden Carving Assortment — Buddha Carving, Tall African Carving, Oaxacan Carving
- Wooden Carving Set — Washer Woman and Bird
- Wooden Carvings — Blacksmith and Mounty
- Wooden Cowboy Carvings — Cowboy Bust +Cowboy with Snake
- Wooden Figure Set by Norwegian Carver Henning — 1) Fanitullen (Fiddler on Bear Cask) 2) Fisherman 3) Henning Signs Norway
- Wooden Table Pedestal — Could be used for Table Base
- Adventure books — icebound in Siberian Artic, Richard Byrd, Stormy Voyageur, Kon Tiki, Farfayers (F.Moway), Broken Seas (Bree), Voyage of the Matthew
- Boat Building
- Books — food related books:diet for small planet, natural foofs, camping cookbooks, bird feeder handbook, Yukon cookbook, Bull Cook, In Defense of Food
- Books — Angel of Hudson Bay, Two Old Women, Night Flying Woman, Walden, Vintage Lopez, Holy the Firm and Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (Annie Dillard), Meet My Psychiatrist (Blacklock)
- Books — How to stay alive in the woods (B. Angier), Best short stories of Jack London, Arctic Daughter, Walking on the Land (F. Mowat), Minnesota Walk book, Foxfire book
- Books — National geographic books: America hidden wilderness, Canada wilderness lands, So now on America. Northern lights. Brother Wolf (J. Brandenburg)
- Books — Random outdoor books
- Books Bundle - Carving and Craft
- Books Natural History — Rocks & minerals, ferns, fragrant garden, herbs (2), flower keeping
- Camping related books — Survival of Birch bark Canoe (McPhee), Complete Wilderness Paddler, Path of the Paddle (Bill Mason), spiral bound waterproof paper canoe journal
- Canoes, A Natural History in North America — Signed by Authors Mark Neuzil and Norman Sims, Forward by John McPhee
- Pull-over sewing pattern
- Sail Boat Building
- Sailing Books
- Scout Handbooks — 4 vintage scouting handbooks, Silver Chief Dog of North (O'Brien)
- Whittling book & carved wooden block
- Wooden Boat Magazine
- Eddie Bauer fleece jacket & cap — Men's large
- Eddie Bauer goose-down vest — Women's medium
- Festive knit sweater — No tag
- Filson wool hat
- Men's shirt 3 pack! — A variety of fashionable prints for the discerning gent
- Merona wool pants — Size 10
- North Face women's jacket + neckwarmer — Jacket size small, gray. Neckwarmer pink.
- Obermeyer women's jacket — Size small
- Patagonia snow pants — Size 10, purple
- Women's fleece jacket bundle — 2 medium women's fleece jackets: Patagonia & Eddie Bauer
- Women's pants & camo shirt
- Women's pants bundle — Size 4
- Women's pants bundle — Size 8
- Wool flannel shirt — Small
- Wool sock bundle — Size medium
- Wool sock bundle — Size large
- Wool sweater + fleece pants — Women's size small
- Woolrich wool vest — Women's small. Be the envy of your next outdoors outing!
- XL Men's Bundle — A variety of XL clothing + hat!
- 1 Plain Toilet Seat Cover
- 18 cup coffee perculator — Party perc!
- 3 fish pic pack — Fish in various stages of being caught
- 3 picture pack — Framed
- 6' brass strip — Great for a canoe keel
- Antique Ceramic Pot — 1 1/2 gal crockery pot with spout, lid and handle
- Antique radio — Turns on, but no sound.
- Bass, Short Scale — SX brand, new string included
- Bass, Short Scale — SX brand, new string included
- Canadian Hee Hee — for curling
- Car Cargo Liner
- Cast iron cookware & wooden spoon
- Games — Handmade tic-tac-toe with wood bears and trees; crocheted hacky sac and frisbee; travel Clue game
- Gas cans — Plastic gas cans: 1.5 and 2 gal
- Hand-made wooden loon
- Karen Drift Anishinabemoin CD — new
- Lionel Complete Model Train Set — From Mid 1950's
- Northern Hospitality — Like new Keurig coffee maker, plus 18 K cups; brand new Swedish door mat featuring birch tree trunks; 2 cherry red kerosene lanterns
- Oil Lamp — old oil lamp with glass base and tall chimney
- Oil lamp — small oil lamp with brass base
- One Leg Camera Stand
- Pack and bags — New, Blue/Black/Grey Daypack. Multiple zippered compartments; Green Cordura compartmented briefcase (or tool bag) with webbing handles; Yellow parts bags with plastic box liner. 2.5”d x 5.5”w x 8.2”h
- Porcelain Tankard, Norman Rockwell collection — Porcelain Tankard featuring Norman Rockwell art, with text, "... As the little boy strains to peer over his grandpa's work table, the old sea captain deliberately, and with great skill, puts the finish touches on a model sailing ship..."
- Portable record player & records — Not guaranteed to work
- Pottery — Small pitcher, moose themed recipe holder, small moose dish
- Pre-hung Door
- Pre-hung doors
- Rubber boots — Pair of rubber “mud/barn boots”; Size 10
- Smelt net — Vintage, hand-made Smelt net
- Smoker — H20 Delux Charbroil
- Steel wheel casters — NEW-never used: 3-inch (6 swivel; 2 fixed). USED-very good condition: 2-inch (4 swivel; 2 fixed).
- Step Stool — or child's seat
- Table Legs — For your legless table
- Tallship photo
- Vintage Mamod Toy Steam Engine — Model T.E. 1 a. Made in England, purchased 1976
- Wooden Toilet Seat — 2 carved
Saturday, June 23rd from 10a.m. - 4:00p.m.
The Boats-to-Tools auction is held during North House's annual Wooden Boat Show weekend and consists of two elements: a silent auction and a "Buy It Now" section. Items include boats, hand tools, camping gear, books, and much more!
The silent auction is a crowd favorite full of more valuable items, perfect for those who love the “thrill of the bid”!
The Buy It Now section is designated for less exensive items and promotes a “you-like-it-you-buy-it-you-take-it-with-you-NOW” atmosphere where items are sure to go fast!
This page will be updated as more items are registered for auction — check back often!