Bookbinding: Build Your Own Journal
Building a book is like building a a timber frame - the parts are smaller and they do bend easier, but they must all fit together for it to work! In this introductory bookbinding class, students will bind a 7 x 10 hard-cover, multi-section book, perfect for recording details of craft projects or for any other journaling use. Bring something to design your cover around - a small carving, a stone, some fabric or paper so that your book a will have a personal story right from the start. Depending on its size, the piece might be in an inset window, an inset strip or "puzzle" piece, or as a cover for the front or even the whole book. The instructor will provide all other materials. Craft a journal that is uniquely yours.
You will need the following tools for this class:
- A piece to use as part of your cover.
- For 3 dimensional piece - easiest if less than 1/4"
- For fabric or paper:
- Any size piece can be inset In a window.
- For a piece that wraps around top and bottom edges of book -12" height/any width.
- To cover entire book -12" x18"
- To allow yourself plenty of design options, feel free to bring as many choices as you have!
- Please contact instructor if you have any questions-- email will be provided after registration.
Feel free to bring your favorite tools and whatever materials you might feel appropriate for this course.
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call us if you haven't received it within 24 hours.