Bead Embroidery: Painting with Beads
Bring a favorite landscape image to class and create your own unique bead painting on felted wool (material provided). Your piece can be made into pin for a wearable work of art, or framed for display. This workshop is for all skill levels, those new to beading on fabric as well as for those wishing to explore the use of beads in their needle arts. Bead artist Jo Wood will introduce you to her favorite techniques for “painting” with beads. Her goal is to demystify the basic materials and process of bead embroidery. While working with bead colors and textures, you will also learn some simple principals of composition, transferring patterns, and how to add depth & dimension to your work. The use of beads has spanned cultures across the globe for more than 6000 years. Learn how this traditional needle art can be used in an innovative way. Come join us for a fun and relaxed creative experience and learn a new skill for your future projects.
Jo's approach to 'painting with beads' is a unique combination of tradition and innovation. Preview Jo's bead embroidery style on her website by visiting www.jowoodbeads.com
Includes materials fee of $25.00
You will need the following tools for this class:
- An inspirational landscape to use for your design (photo, pics from magazines, etc.)
- Beads- seed beads in size 10 to 15 . Bring 8 or more colors. Choose a variety of surface finishes (opaque, matte, transparent, silver-lined, etc.) that work with your landscape
- scissors (small, sharp) (available for purchase @ North House School Store 888-387-9762)
- reading glasses if you need them or magnification if that helps
- bead tray or beading blanket
Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email with further class information. Please call the front office if you have not received it within 24 hours.